First-Year Experience Coordinator
DEPARTMENT: Student Services
REPORTS TO: Director of Student Services
DATE MODIFIED: 2-17-2017
The First-Year Experience Coordinator provides guidance and resources for CCU programs involving the Evan Bolejack Learning Center, and first-year undergraduate students. This position reports to the Director of Student Services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Performance reviews of the First-Year Experience Coordinator will be based on the fulfillment of the following tasks.
Supervise the Evan Bolejack Learning Center (25%)
- Provide direction and support for Learning Coaches and Lead Learning Coaches in their efforts to deliver academic services to CCU students.
- Ensure that tutoring and academic coaching services are delivered at a satisfactory level.
- Record and maintain the learning center budget, adhering to the requirements and limits therein.
First-year Experience (50%)
- Coordinate and execute first-year learning communities along with relevant activities, assessments, and interventions.
- Collaborate with academic support functions to provide a seamless network of support for academically at-risk students.
- Develop and teach freshman seminar courses on college success skills, making connections, and orientation to campus life.
- Establish and supervise adjunct instructors for multiple sections of CCU’s Freshman Seminar course.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Academic Advising (25%)
- Advise students relating to enrollment processes, program requirements, and course sequence.
- Serve as a central contact point relating to student needs and concerns.
- Meet with prospective students to provide information about academic programs.
- Participate in student registration and orientation events.
- Advise transfer students on application of external credit.
- Coordinate support initiatives for academically at-risk students.
- Communicate with students to ensure timely registration.
- Engage students in a manner that encourages the development of their Christian faith.
- Insure that strategic and missional initiatives identified by the university President are accomplished to the fullest possible extent. In every context and with all constituencies, the First-Year Experience Coordinator is expected to articulate full support for the university’s mission and the President’s vision.
- Respond to all communications from faculty members, department Chairs, students, and all other CCU employees and constituencies in a timely and professional matter.
- In all contexts, create and promote a healthy administrative and campus culture characterized by free and open disclosure, a spirit of Christian love and grace, and genuine respect.
- Participate on committees as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Ability to demonstrate a personal faith in Christ is essential.
- Bachelor’s degree in education or a related field.
- Master’s degree in college student development or education preferred.
- Teaching experience preferred.
- Availability for occasional evening and weekend responsibilities.
- Strong competency in the use of Microsoft Office and data management programs.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate across multiple administrative levels.
- Prior experience mentoring first-year college students preferred.
- Prior experience working in support of students with disabilities preferred.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
- Busy office environment
- Frequent interruptions
- Flexible hours are available
- Student engagement beyond normal work duties is encouraged
How to Apply
If you would like to apply for one of our open positions, please send your resume and cover letter to:
Cincinnati Christian University
2700 Glenway Avenue
Cincinnati, OH 45204
Fax: (513) 244-8113
Download Job Listing