International Student Applicant Information
International applicants should first review the Department of Homeland Security’s Study in the States page which provides advice for Students applying to study in the USA.
In order to enroll for courses at CCU, students must have a valid I-20 from CCU or provide documentation that confirms the applicant possesses a legal immigration status that allows school attendance.
In the USA, the beginning of the Academic year is August (Fall), but students may apply to enter either the semester starting in August (Fall), or the semester starting in January (Spring).
International Student Application & Visa Deadlines:
- Applications may be submitted up to one year prior to enrollment and should be submitted as early in that window as possible.
- International students should begin the application process at least six months prior to the anticipated semester of enrollment
- In order to apply for a US Government F1 (Student) Visa, applicants must
- Complete and submit the CCU application documents found on the Graduate Admissions Page (link here*), in order to receive an I-20 Form from CCU
- Use the I-20 form we send to you (after your application has been approved) as a part of your application for an F1 (Student) Visa.
- Application components and required I-20 documentation must be received by CCU by
- May 1 (to start in August)
- October 1 (to start in January)
If Your Country’s Official Language Is Not English
- Applicants whose native language is not English must submit scores demonstrating English proficiency from the Test of English as a Foreign Language, the International English Language Testing System, or the Michigan English Language Assessment Battery.
- For more information on the TOEFL, please visit www.toefl.org. Cincinnati Christian University’s TOEFL code is 1091.
Other Necessary Documents for International Students
- Submit a notarized Letter of Guarantee from a person or agency that demonstrates sufficient financial support for academic expenses, living expenses, and a return airline ticket to the applicant’s native country.
- Submit a non-refundable $150 application fee. Please make all checks or money orders payable to Cincinnati Christian University.
- Submit educational documents and transcripts through a third party verification service that is a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services, the Association of International Credentials Evaluators, or AACRAO International Education Services.
- Complete any additional requirements for your specific chosen degree program, as noted.
Application components may be submitted in the following ways:
Cincinnati Christian University
ATTN: Admissions Office
2700 Glenway Avenue
Cincinnati, OH 45204