Statement of Faith
The CCU Board of Trustees upholds and affirms annually the Statement of Faith.
- There is only one true God, revealed to us in the Old and New Testaments as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit
- The sixty-six books of the Old and New Testaments are fully inspired and without error and serve as God’s only written Word.
- Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, born of the virgin Mary, and He is in every way our only Savior.
- Jesus lived a perfectly sinless life, died on the cross as an atonement for all people, and rose bodily from the grave to a state of immortality.
- Jesus commissioned His Apostles and His Church to present the Gospel plan of salvation to every individual of every nation.
- The only terms of salvation that we may proclaim are these expressed in the New Testament: faith, repentance, confession of faith in Jesus Christ, and baptism by immersion in water for the remission of sins and for the promised presence of the Holy Spirit.
- The basis of unity of all believers is a commitment to the authority of the New Testament.
- Jesus will one day return in visible form to judge all people according to their deeds and then accordingly issue either eternal blessedness in heaven or eternal suffering in hell.