Church Name: Belmont Christian Church
Location: Christiansburg, VA
Belmont Christian Church is located in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains of Southwest Virginia. The town of Christiansburg is located in the heart of Montgomery County. Our church campus is located just miles from two major Universities – Virginia Tech and Radford University. The influence of these universities and a growing business climate has fueled the numerical and economic growth of our community.
The church is multi-generational and has a wide range of socio-economic backgrounds. The cost of living and the outstanding public-school system makes it possible for families to find a welcoming community. At Belmont, our mission is to follow the vision of Jesus as we evangelize, disciple and serve. Our strategy is to emphasize biblical teaching and worship in our in our Sunday morning celebrations. There is also a commitment to small groups as we partner together to pray together, learn together, and do life together as a church family.
The children’s minister will oversee 50+ volunteers and over 150 children weekly. The primary focus of this position will be to lead our children to learn who Jesus is, love as Jesus loves, live life like Jesus, and lead others to Jesus. To accomplish this vision:
• We will teach based on the word of God.
• We will create a safe environment and fun atmosphere where all children feel loved and accepted.
• We will provide children with service opportunities that model scripture.
• We will equip our children with confidence to share Jesus with others.
The ideal candidate will:
• Agree to and be personally compelled by Belmont’s beliefs and values.
• Have a bachelor’s degree preferably from a University majoring in ministry.
• Function well in a collaborative, multi-staff work environment.
• Have a heart for discipleship and evangelism with children and parents.
For more information or to submit a resume, contact James “Beaver” Terry at the email or phone number provided.
A ministry degree from a christian university or college in the field of children’s education and development.
James “Beaver” Terry