Church Name: Fair Haven Christian Church
Location: Franklin, Indiana
Fair Haven Christian Church is an independent restoration church located 35 minutes south of Indianapolis, IN. Over the rich history of the church, Fair Haven has grown from a small collection of families meeting together to a church of 600. The church is nestled on the southernmost side of Franklin, IN, but closest to the town of Trafalgar. The town is a small community that’s growing quickly as families discover the gem that is Trafalgar. The schools and community are warm and friendly and Fair Haven is well thought of in both. Fair Haven is a multi-staff church seeking to fill the position of a full-time children’s minister. The children’s minister will oversee around 110 volunteers (approximately 40 serving per week) and 120 children weekly. Fair Haven’s next children’s minister will focus on three primary areas:
1. Teach children the character of God through engaging environments and foster development of relationships within their peer group that provide a positive lasting spiritual support structure.
2. Provide fun, safe and engaging opportunities for community outreach where children can bring their friends and experience the love of Christ through the body of Fair Haven; and foster opportunities to penetrate the community in order to be present with children and families outside of Fair Haven.
3. Strengthen the home-church partnership by equipping and training parents to disciple their children
Children’s Minister Job Description
1. Develop a clearly defined strategy within the vision and mission of the Children’s Ministry that is effective and is in harmony with the overall vision and mission of Fair Haven Christian Church (FHCC).
2. Train, develop, and equip the Children’s ministry volunteers so they can create a vibrant and effective classroom experience centered on teaching the Good News of Christ and encouraging scripture memory.
3. Organize and lead special outreach events designed to attract children and families to our church to plant seeds and make connections between FHCC and the community.
4. Lead, recruit, train, and develop volunteers for the Children’s ministry.
5. Develop and implement a strategy for Home-Church partnership and family discipleship; working with families to equip and empower parents/families to disciple their children.
6. Provide oversight to the Children’s ministry budget and help develop the budget needs for the next year.
7. Work as a “Team Player” with the rest of the Ministry staff, understanding that the various ministries of FHCC must collaborate and be involved with one another.
8. Be the leader of the Children’s Ministry Team
9. Be willing and available to meet with children, parents and Children’s Ministry leaders/volunteers to aid in the discipleship and spiritual development of both.
10. Be a visible presence in the community and foster connections with parents and children as an ambassador for FHCC and the kingdom of God.
Interested candidates should first submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected]
The ideal candidate will:
– Be from a Restoration Christian Church
– Agree to and be personally compelled by Fair Haven’s beliefs and values
– Have at least 3 years’ full time ministry experience
– Have a bachelor’s degree preferably from a Restoration College or University majoring in ministry.
– Function well in a collaborative, multi-staff work environment
– Have a heart for discipleship and evangelism with children and parents