Church Name: Experience Christian Church
Location: Exton, PA
The Children’s Pastor is first and foremost a church planter, passionate about gathering others into our church community. The Children’s Pastor is responsible for all aspects of ensuring the spiritual growth and development of children ages birth to 18 years old, as well as supporting their families. This includes curriculum selection, volunteer recruitment and development, classroom management, and operational management necessary to ensure successful weekend children’s services and periodic special events.
Expectations of all staff of Experience Christian Church
• Evangelism: Each staff person at Experience Christian Church is expected to be actively building relationships with unchurched people and be able to share the gospel with them.
• Connection: Each staff person at Experience Christian Church is expected to be actively building relationships with new people attending Experience Christian Church in order to help get them connected.
• Outreach: Each staff person at Experience Christian Church is expected to help plan, execute and attend all outreach and community service events.
• Fundraising: Each staff person at Experience Christian Church is expected to leverage their personal network to raise funds for the mission of Experience Christian Church.
• Leadership Develop: Each staff person at Experience Christian Church is expected to be a leader of leaders and to equip people at church to do ministry.
• Personal Growth: Each staff person at Experience Christian Church is expected to prioritize their personal relationship with Jesus through active personal disciplines such as Bible Study, mentorship, prayer, service and group participation.
• Care: Each staff person at Experience Christian Church will serve as a member of the pastoral staff team and will perform duties such as weddings, funerals, hospital visits, etc.
• Vision for a comprehensive spiritual development plan to care for children birth to 18.
• Direct the recruitment, training, and development of volunteers to staff children’s ministry classrooms and special events.
• Regularly select and/or develop curriculum for children that is part of the church’s weekend service schedule.
• Implement children’s registration, classroom management, and security policies/practices in support of weekend services and periodic special events.
• Plan and execute community outreach events tailored for children such as Easter egg hunt, family movie night, etc.
• Develop and program the church’s annual Kid’s Camp outreach event including music selection, development of messages/teaching, and utilization of games and other artistic elements in the inspiration of children in learning about God.
• Design and plan periodic child dedication services as required, meeting the needs and expectations of families attending the church.
• Lead the creative use and proactive upkeep of children’s ministry facilities and grounds.
• Assist in the development of an annual budget for children’s ministries and manage spending to budget.
• Participate as a full team member of Experience Christian Church staff.
• Lead in one or more areas of spiritual formation (Life Groups, Classes, Starting Point, etc.).
Skills and Abilities
• Exceptional interpersonal skills
• Comprehensive understanding of child development and teaching strategies
• Passionate for leading the next generation to Christ
• Excellent organization and communication skills
• Ability to lead volunteers to excellence
• Ability to care for volunteers and church attenders
• Pastoral heart to help people connect with God and grow in their expression of Christ-likeness
BA in Children’s Ministry or related field, passion for church planting