Church Name: Faith Community United Methodist Church
Location: West Chester, OH
Develop a Communications and Publicity Strategy for Missions
• Develop and manage a strategic communication plan for Mission ministries and programs.
• All communications must follow the guidelines of the Director of Communications for overall consistency with Church-wide communications.
• Manage and provide Mission’s communications for the congregation in the following areas: articles for Bulletin and E-news, slides for screen, pictures from ministry areas, sermon illustrations, coordinating the production and editing of videos, website, blogs, testimonies, information for the Opportunities Guide, Serve Brochure, Mission Trip Brochure, Outreach Days, Holiday Opportunities, others as determined.
• Manage and provide communication to clients: informational fliers/mailings for special events and programs, Stepping Forward class offerings and fliers, signage for various events, spiritual materials, others as determined.
• Coordinate with Spanish Translators to translate relevant client information as needed.
Community Communications and Publicity
• Manage and provide communications to go out into the community, such as Food Pantry brochure, Outreach information for Stepping Forward groups and classes, brochure to solicit donations for Pantry, brochure to solicit groups for Stepping Forward, information for Faith Alliance, others as determined
Interface and support Mission Ministry Leaders and Servant Volunteers:
• Assist and support Ministry Leaders with their communications to assure it falls within the overall Mission’s communication plan
• Recruit, lead and coach servant volunteers to assist with Mission’s Communications.
• Has a contagious heart for the poor, oppressed, underserved, and marginalized
• Professes Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior
• Commitment to personal spiritual growth
• Considers this position a life ministry, not just a job
• Models standards and expectations of leaders within FCUMC, including:
o membership, worship attendance, small group participation
o financial generosity, and serving out of call and giftedness
Education and Experience
• Bachelor of Arts degree required.
• Major in Marketing or Graphic Design preferred.
• One (1) or more years of related professional experience in communications, media, or public relations/marketing required.
• Successful experience working with creative teams in a deadline intensive environment.
• A portfolio of sampled work may be requested
• Strong professional skills and interpersonal strengths
• Excellent writing, public speaking, communication, and organizational skills
• Technical skills in desktop publishing and photo/video editing
• Demonstrated creativity with the ability to multitask
513-777-9533 ext. 109