Church Name: Gethsemane Church of Christ
Location: Mechanicsville, VA
1. Works with the leadership and ministry staff in developing and administrating a discipleship strategy that aligns with the vision of the church.
2. Within the scope of this strategy, administrate a sustained culture of discipleship that challenges people to grow through the teaching, coaching, nurturing, and mentoring focused on God’s Word.
The Strategy Is Not Limited To But Should Include Leadership in the Following:
1. Lead out with the Senior Minister to develop the language, vision, and structure for Life Groups.
2. Empower, develop, mentor, train and equip leaders and potential leaders.
3. Develop creative methods for incorporating the majority of the church community in a small group.
4. Maintain a strategic plan to multiply groups.
1. There will be opportunities throughout the year for preaching.
2. Develop special teaching series during the Sunday school hour on an incremental basis and during the periodic Wednesday evening sessions.
SPIRITUAL FORMATION CLASSES
1. Develop the structure for ongoing classes to help those new to the faith to grow from spiritual infancy to maturity.
2. Develop and equip leaders and teachers for the spiritual formation classes.
PROVIDE LEADERSHIP FOR MAJOR CHURCH COMMUNITY AND OUTREACH EVENTS
1. Plan and coordinate outreach and service opportunities to mobilize the church into the community to meet significant and felt needs.
2. The driving question is, “What can we be doing in the community to make people thankful that we’re here?”
3. Train, develop, and support deacons and ministry team leaders.
ADMINISTRATION AND PASTORAL MINISTRY
1. Engage in general types of counseling, understanding limitations, and ready to make referrals to a professional counselor or physician as needed.
2. Perform or assist in weddings of members and non-members as requested.
3. Perform or assist in funerals of members and non-members as requested.
4. Participates in regular staff and periodic planning meetings.
5. Submits written reports of activities and accomplishments to the Elders monthly.
6. Maintains regularly scheduled office hours.
1. Possess at least a bachelor’s degree from a Church of Christ/Christian Church college or university.
2. A minimum of three years of experience as a ministerial staff member.
3. A person of Christian character who has a servant heart and an attitude that exhibits integrity to others.
4. Training and experience in the areas of small groups, membership involvement and community outreach.
5. Ability to teach and train others with a positive and enthusiastic attitude.