Church Name: Edgewood Christian Church
Location: Roanoke, VA
Minister to the 20 and 30 year olds.
Family Minister – Edgewood Christian Church
The mission of this ministry is to lead and develop a thoroughly biblical, authentic, and relevant church environment for those who attend Edgewood in their 20’s and 30’s, including singles as well as those with families.
Some attributes considered necessary for the applicant
• Age 25 -35
• College graduate from a school associated with the Restoration Movement (such as Johnson U, Kentucky Christian U, Mid-Atlantic Christian U., Cincinnati Christian U, etc.)
• Preaching Experience (fill in for Lead Minister when needed)
• Agreement with our “What We Believe” statements (found on the Edgewood Christian Church website under “I’m New Here”)
• Married (preferred)
Following are not necessary, but would be a big plus:
• Ability to lead the praise band and/or be the worship leader
• Ability to maintain our church website
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Establish ministry goals and objectives related to the vision, mission, and values of the church. Share these with the Lead Minister, Elders, and Church Board for approval and/or suggestions.
• Plan and implement an appropriate budget for approval. Then delegate tasks as necessary. Regularly evaluate progress.
• Build small groups which will involve 20’s and 30’s. It may be necessary to lead them yourself at first, but the goal will be to find and train new small group leaders.
• Develop outreach opportunities which will be attractive to the unchurched or to those who are not attending regularly (for example, service projects).
• Work with the Lead Minister concerning teaching and preaching.
• Cooperate with Lead Minister and Elders by performing other ministries within your skill set as needed.
This list is not meant to be a formal Job Description, but to convey what we are looking for in a Family Minister.
If you wish to apply for this position, please send your cover letter and resume to [email protected] If you have questions, email to the same.
Edgewood Christian Church