Church Name: Mt. Zion Church
FAMILY MINISTRIES PASTOR
MT. ZION CHURCH – XENIA, OH
The Family Ministries Pastor will help fulfill Mt. Zion Church’s motto, which is to: Share Jesus, Grow Disciples and Serve Others. He will accomplish this by leading our Youth & Children’s Ministries with Christlikeness and excellence. He will use his creativity and leadership skills to help us effectively reach out to families in our community.
1. A man with a vibrant, growing walk with Jesus, who highly values God’s Word, senses the call to pastoral ministry, and meets the qualifications of an elder (1 Timothy 3:1-7; Titus 1:6-9).
2. A humble, teachable spirit who is willing to consider others’ viewpoints.
3. Passionate about helping youth & children become fully-devoted Christ followers, and about coming alongside parents as they fulfill their God-given role in the home.
4. If married or a parent, models God-honoring relationships with his wife and/or children.
5. Able to fully embrace the vision, values, and statement of faith of Mt. Zion Church.
6. A self-motivated leader who can build teams by recruiting & developing volunteers and communicating ministry vision to others.
7. An energetic team player with strong people skills across all ages.
8. Able to relate to teens and mentor them to spiritual maturity using solid Biblical counsel.
9. A creative and organized person with good communication and leadership skills.
10. A college degree with relevant training (Youth and/or Children’s Ministry, Christian Education, or Bible) and two years of relevant experience is preferred.
YOUTH MINISTRIES (approx. 40%)
1. Plan, prepare, and execute all weekly student events (Sunday mornings & Wednesday nights), with the three-fold goal of sharing Jesus, growing disciples, and serving others.
2. Recruit and train adult volunteer staff to guide, lead, and supervise the students.
3. Identify, organize and lead activities for outreach, service, fellowship, and worship (retreats, mission trips, etc.).
4. Recruit and disciple qualified students for leadership training.
5. Connect with students throughout the week (texting, social media, attend youth events, etc.) and regularly communicate with parents, seeking ways to equip them for their roles.
CHILDREN’S MINISTRIES (approx. 30%)
1. With the help of volunteers, oversee and develop Children’s Ministry weekly programs (Sunday morning classes, nursery, Awana) with the three-fold goal of sharing Jesus, growing disciples, and serving others.
2. Recruit, guide, and equip Children’s Ministry volunteer leaders, casting vision and providing direction to facilitate spiritual growth of children and equipping of their parents.
3. Coordinate and plan occasional staff development for volunteers.
4. Working with volunteer leaders, assist in identifying and planning seasonal ministry events like VBS.
ADMINISTRATIVE DUTIES (approx. 20%)
1. Attend weekly staff meetings; regularly communicate with the Senior Pastor.
2. Actively participate in Sunday morning worship services (musical and/or singing ability, with an interest in joining the church Praise team, would be a plus!)
3. Act as an advocate for family ministry, and facilitate good communication between ministry coordinators/volunteers, students, parents, church family, staff, and church leadership.
4. Oversee curriculum selection and evaluation, ensuring use of Biblically solid and age-appropriate materials. Provide cohesive curriculum with a vision for comprehensive discipleship of youth/children and their families.
5. Oversee administration of the “Reducing the Risk” Youth/Child Protection Plan, including screening and training of all staff and volunteers who work with youth and children.
6. Recommend annual budget for Youth & Children’s Ministries, and oversee all spending within these budgets.
7. Purchase (or delegate the purchase of) needed supplies and equipment for Youth & Children’s Ministries.
8. Prepare monthly ministry activity reports for church Governing Board.
OTHER PASTORAL DUTIES (approx. 10%)
1. May be asked to preach occasionally, as well as other pastoral responsibilities as requested (visitation, attending church-wide events, etc.).
2. Be willing to serve as a Mt. Zion Church Elder, helping provide spiritual oversight of the church and assisting in planning church-wide ministry activities.
The Family Ministries Pastor shall work under the supervision of the Senior Pastor.
Full-time salaried position with benefits.
See info under Job Description