Church Name: Sylvan Hills Christian Service Camp
Location: Howard, PA
Sylvan Hills Christian Service Camp is located in the rolling hills of Central Pennsylvania. It is nestled in a little valley near the very quaint village of Marsh Creek. The camp was founded in 1947 and is supported by 13 Christian Churches/Churches of Christ. Sylvan Hills is in a beautiful rural setting that is 20 minutes from the beautiful Foster Joseph Sayers Reservoir and Bald Eagle State Park, and 40 minutes from State College.
* Camper and guest registration
* public relations
* camp promotion and marketing (newsletter, brochures, apparel, church visitations)
* website and social media
* hosting retreat groups
* volunteer clearances
* donor management
* obtaining quotes for repairs/services
* food ordering
* purchasing and maintaining supplies
* representative of camp to outside agencies and interested parties
* camp security and safety
* oversees Food Service Director and camp operations
* Guard and protect the stated doctrinal distinction of Sylvan Hills Christian Service Camp
Note: Some of the above responsibilities will be conducted in conjunction with existing camp board team groups (i.e. – budget & finance, registration, activities, physical operations, development) and the Food Service Director
The Administrator/Manager/Director serves as the main point of contact for visitors, parents, and guests.
The Administrator/Manager/Director functions as the liaison to the Camp Board, supporting Churches, staff and volunteers.
There is physical and maintenance work (equipment, facilities, and ground), dependent on the workload, gifts and abilities of the candidate * other duties as assigned.
The Administrator/Manager/Director serves on the Development Team, the Activities Team, and reports to the camp Board of Directors Chairman.
Salary dependent on skills and experience (Please submit estimate of minimum monthly need) * on-site residence * health care allowance * retirement contribution * convention/training allowance * vehicle for business
The position is full-time and year round with weekend work during peak season; off-season focus devoted more to promotion and maintenance.
Please submit cover letter, resume, background clearances, and three references no later than June 30th.
* Public Relations
* Organizational Development
* Capital Campaign (Fundraising)
* Church Ministry
* Experience, skill or knowledge in general camp maintenance
Prefer someone with a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree but will consider applicant’s with adequate life experience
We prefer an applicant from a Restoration Movement Church background
The ideal candidate will have the following skills:
*First and foremost a strong servant’s heart
* knowledge of Biblical Scripture
* computer skills (Microsoft Office, WordPress, Registration and Donor Management software)
* public speaking
* interpersonal communication (written and oral)
* time management
* conflict management
* problem solving
* fiscal management
* creative thinking