Church Name: Compassion Christian Church
To further the mission of the Church by effectively overseeing, directing and developing all aspects of Midway Campus Groups Ministry, Volunteer Systems, and Student Outreach.
1. Exhibits a meaningful and growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
2. Engages in a regular and ongoing (meeting at least monthly) accountability relationship with a staff partner or other approved person.
3. Recognizes that our work is important and deserves our very best.
Conditions of Employment
1. Models the Biblical standard of personal conduct and lifestyle.
2. Supports and adheres to the Mission, Vision, Values, and Philosophy of Ministry of CCC, including the CCC Statement of Faith.
3. Supports and adheres to the CCC Policies and Procedures Handbook.
4. Pastoral Staff must be active, participating members of Compassion Christian Church or be willing to become a member at the beginning of employment.
Duties and Responsibilities (Essentials)
1. General staff responsibilities:
– Engage in pastoral responsibilities, as assigned, to include teaching, preaching, performing weddings and funerals, pastoral counseling, assisting in worship services, communion, baptisms, child dedications and hospital visits.
– Assist with leading, casting vision, overseeing, and directing all facets of Midway Campus.
– Assist with leading the establishment of ministry goals and objectives, and individual tactics that support the mission and vision of the Church.
– Assist with providing visionary leadership and organizational structure for Midway Campus.
– Oversee and assist in the recruitment, training, encouragement and equipping of volunteers to serve and to adequately prepare for ministry in leadership positions.
– Assist in proposing and planning annual budgets and operational functioning of Midway Campus.
– Participation in weekly “Pastors Lunch”, monthly “All-Staff Meetings”, and weekly prayer/meetings with the Midway Campus staff and other required staff events.
2. Specific ministry duties and responsibilities:
– Pastor and leader of the Midway Student Ministry
– Create, develop, implement strategic and effective student ministry programs including fellowship, worship, biblical teaching, discipleship, and evangelism, as well as ministry and mission opportunities.
– Maintain contact with students and parents, keeping them informed of ongoing activities, ministry strategies, and plans in a way that encourages partnership and involvement.
– Oversee the selection/creation of the curriculum for the large group gatherings and Life Groups for Student Ministry.
– Create and oversee all aspects of special events, including, but not limited to community outreach, retreats and volunteer appreciation.
– Pastor and leader of Midway groups ministry: 1) connects people to small groups, discipleship groups and other types of groups, 2) raises up and coaches groups leaders, 3) champions the creation of new types of groups that reach our community.
– Pastor and leader of Midway volunteer systems: 1) connects people to serving at the Midway Campus and in the community and abroad, 2) creates and sustains Midway volunteer systems.
– Oversee the development and equipping of the Connections/Hospitality Team at the Midway Campus, fostering a welcoming culture for the weekend experience.
– Direct and oversee all aspects of the adult volunteer connection process.
3. This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive statement of every duty and responsibility that will be required of an employee in this position. Therefore, additional duties may be assigned.
Skill Set of the Position:
• Communicator: Strong, Engaging and Effective with adults, Middle and High School Students
• Leader: Generate Vision drive for Ministries and Volunteers
• Coach and Equipper: Recruit and Lead Volunteer Leaders and Volunteers
• Pastor: Skills to Lead, Counsel, Disciple, and Comfort
1. Experience: Minimum of three (3) years’ experience as a leader in ministry or related environments specifically related to an area of oversight in community care.
2. Education: Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university. A degree from an accredited bible college with a major in biblical studies or a related field is preferred. Consideration will be given to candidates having experience and demonstrated proficiency in
3. Knowledge, skills, and gifts: Strong desire to see healthy community to become a reality for individuals. Candidate must be tried and proven in ministry and have a passion to share Jesus.Candidate must demonstrate a Christ-like attitude in words and actions, and have the ability to
work with a wide variety of people in a wide variety of settings. Exhibit excellent interpersonal relational skills while maintaining and protecting confidentiality. Candidate must possess effective written and verbal skills. Must be a motivated and successful recruiter and manager
of volunteers. Candidate must exhibit excellent computer knowledge, experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Outlook, Excel, Publisher and PowerPoint.
4. Physical Demands:
a. Lifting, pulling, bending, carrying, and pushing as needed to set up activities and events.
b. Operation of church vehicles.