Church Name:Light of the World Church
The LOW Kids Director ensures the LOW Kids Department is a secure, nurturing environment where children from birth to sixth grade will see, hear, and feel the love of Jesus and parents can feel confident their children are receiving the highest quality of care and ministry while their child is attending services and events. He/She will spiritually support all children, parents, and volunteers within the department. This person will serve as the first point of contact for children and parents. In addition to this, the LOW Kids Director will support the Youth Director and Senior Pastor in assuring that the vision of the youth department is being achieved, while simultaneously ensuring that the vision and heart of the church is being maintained.
• Experience serving children in an urban setting, prefered.
• Passionate about serving inner-city children and their families
• A Pastoral mindset, with the ability to “care for” children and families within the department
• Ability to see and anticipate the needs of ministries/events
• Exceptional verbal, written, editing, proofreading, organizational and admin skills
• Able to relate positively and professionally to students of all ages, young adults, parents, other staff and leaders under intense pressure.
• Steady, positive attitude, people-oriented, team player, customer service minded • Ability to handle confidential information
• Familiar with Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and Google Doc, ability to learn new software
• Must be an independent self-starter with a sense of urgency, proven results orientation, initiative and an affinity for producing consistently high-quality work in a manner that shows excellence.
• Growing, committed follower of Christ
• Ability to lead children in a small or large group setting
• Willing to be agile and open to feedback