Church Name: Glendale Christian Church
Location: Springfield, MO
Glendale Christian Church (GCC), located in the heart of the Midwest, Springfield, MO is currently seeking an experienced Minister to be the Spiritual Leader of its Congregation. The Lead Minister is responsible for moving the Congregation toward the fulfillment of God’s mission for GCC. The Lead Minister will have an unwavering faith and a firm relationship with Jesus Christ and is dedicated to discipling others in their relationship with Christ.
LEAD MINISTER JOB DESCRIPTION
Provide strong leadership and oversight to the ministry of Glendale Christian Church in concert with the Board of Elders. The primary objective of the Lead Minister is to cultivate spiritual growth thus equipping the church body for ministry, to fulfill the command of Christ to make disciples of all nations.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
• Preach & teach the word of God in clear, compelling and effective ways
• Create a discipleship process to identify and equip future leaders
• Lead the church by conveying clear biblical vision and developing effective strategic plans to equip the body for spiritual growth and service
• Participate as a key member of the GCC team of ministers and staff, leading by example and providing direction, support, and encouragement to accomplish the vision of the church
• Work within a team of ministers and staff to motivate, strengthen, and uplift the various ministries of GCC
• Attend regular Elder & Church Meetings. Lead regular Pastoral/Office Staff Meetings
• Provide preaching opportunities for associate pastors
• Provide pastoral care for congregation and its membership
• Work with the ministry team to accomplish: counseling, child dedications, hospital / shut in visitation, weddings, funerals, baptisms and other areas of pastoral care
• Able to relate to and participate in Social Media in a way that promotes, engages, and encourages the church body
• Other Duties Assigned by Board of Elders
Directly responsible to the Board of Elders. Must demonstrate appropriate respect to church bylaws and decisions from the Board of Elders. Annual written and oral evaluations will be conducted by the lay members of the Board of Elders.
• GODLY CHARACTER:
Possess the character outlined in I Timothy 3 & Titus 1, marked by genuineness, humility & family leadership.
• APPROPRIATE THEOLOGICAL EDUCATION & CHURCH EXPERIENCE
Minimum Degree from a theologically sound institution and well-seasoned in church leadership. Must have experience working with a team of staff to accomplish goals.
• ACCEPTANCE OF THE GLENDALE CHRISTIAN CHURCH STATEMENT OF FAITH
Committed to the vision of Glendale and have a passion for Loving People and Loving Jesus.
• Experience as a leader in a growing church over 500
• Serving in ministry for 5+ years