Church Name: Faith Community United Methodist Church
Location: West Chester, OH
Overseeing the details associated with the efficient execution of Outreach & Mission ministries
Faith Food Pantry
• Coordinate volunteers to ensure coverage for each day the Pantry is open
• Create volunteer schedule, and request volunteers & re-stockers as needed.
• Work with Restocking & Delivery leads to ensure volunteer coverage weekly in Pantry, for special food drives and for weekly food pick-ups.
• Monitor Pantry for needed items between shipments.
• Coordinate or purchase as necessary needed food items for the Pantry.
• Coordinate & oversee 6-month congregation donation to the Pantry.
• Coordinate first Sunday communion requests.
• Train to execute Shared Harvest orders.
• Create volunteer schedule for Children’s and Youth areas and request additional volunteers as needed.
• Send weekly email to volunteers along with pertinent information.
• Assist the Director of Outreach with programs and events at Stepping Forward including the Health & Job Fair, Guest speakers, Family Fun events
• Assist Director with the oversight of Stepping Forward evenings
#Sharing the Love
• Coordinate with volunteer leaders to ensure monthly supplies, set-up and execution of #sharingthelove
• Work with volunteer leads to establish a volunteer schedule to cover each night we host Family Promise.
• Recruit additional volunteers to serve as needed.
• Communicate relevant information to volunteers, including reminders, and other tasks as needed to ensure the seamless hosting of this program.
• Assist with the planning and execution of Outreach & Special events; Community Easter event, VBS, Thanksgiving, Veteran’s Day, Christmas, #Sharingthelove
• Create & oversee schedule of volunteers and program components to ensure adequate coverage on-site and needed supplies. Provide coverage at Summer Lunch as needed
• Recruit, Train and Manage Servant Volunteers for Outreach Ministries
• As directed, assist in the planning of ministry events/programs (Outreach programs, Stepping Forward, Special Events, others)
• Other responsibilities as given by Director of Outreach
• Has a contagious heart for the poor, oppressed, underserved, and marginalized
• Professes Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior
• Commitment to personal spiritual growth
• Considers this position a life ministry, not just a job
• Models standards and expectations of leaders within FCUMC, including:
o membership, worship attendance, small group participation
o financial generosity, and serving out of call and giftedness
Education and Experience
• Two (2) or more years of related professional experience working with volunteers, executing programs or working with the marginalized.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Strong professional skills and interpersonal strengths
• Ability to work with diverse groups and handle delicate situations and conflicts
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Skilled with Microsoft Office and basic computer skills
• Detail-oriented and able to multi-task with strong organizational skills
• Ability to work independently
513-777-9533 ext. 109