Church Name: Immanuel Presbyterian Church
Location: Cincinnati OH
Our music ministry is led by the Chancel Choir, soloists, praise band, and accompanied by our Schantz pipe organ and a grand piano.
• Degrees in organ performance/church music are preferred, but not required.
• Successful employment experience is preferred.
• Proficient organ and piano skills.
• Excellent music reading skills, including sight-reading and open score reading.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Knowledge, experience, and proficiency in a broad range of musical styles and repertoires.
• Provide accompaniment for special music, choral anthems, and other service music for the 10:30 Worship Service, including prelude, offertory, postlude, and hymns.
• Accompany the weekly choir rehearsal.
• Accompany and rehearse with soloists, small ensembles, and instrumental groups as needed.
• Provide accompaniment and service music for Christmas Eve, Ash Wednesday, Maundy Thursday, Easter, and other special services or concerts.
• Other duties depending on qualifications and interest of the successful candidate: possibilities include Praise Band, handbells, and other musical offerings.
• Organist will be given first refusal rights for all weddings and funerals.
• Commensurate with experience and/or skill.
• Late Summer 2019
• Submit a resume and cover letter [electronic or hard copy].
• Recordings/mp3s with examples of organ and piano playing (via CD, DVD, mp3, website, or YouTube).
• Three current references with contact information.
Rev. Brad Sheppard