Church Name: Bridgetown Church of Christ
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Provide leadership, vision, and passion for Bridgetown Church of Christ in the area worship and production arts ministry that is in line with the overall vision, purpose and mission of the church.
Bridgetown Church of Christ (BCC) began in 1933. Over the past 85 years, the church has navigated many changes to fulfill its mission: BCC exists to love our community and invite them into a life-changing relationship with Jesus. In 2013, they renovated their existing building and added on a new atrium to make the church more welcoming to guests and to solidify their commitment to the community. In 2018, they paid off all debt from the renovations and cultivated connections with local school districts. They have a committed, talented staff that work together as a team and are supported by amazing volunteers.
Over the past two years, BCC has made significant changes to its worship service. Each week, there is a continuing effort to create a worship environment and experience that is appealing and engaging, with content that is helpful and relevant. Currently, they are upgrading sound and lighting components, and plan to introduce a video-production ministry in the next few months. They are focused on reaching young families with children, which has yielded many positive results. Of the 250 people in attendance on an average Sunday morning, 80 are birth through fifth grade. The junior and senior high students participate in corporate worship and have become the focus of BCC’s elders.
BCC partners are dedicated, down-to-earth, and friendly. The church focuses on small groups, weekly service opportunities, and excellence in Sunday morning programming. The church community is predominately middle to low income and is becoming increasingly racially and ethnically diverse. Many of the homes within two miles of the church were built in the 1950s and 60s still with their original owners. As these homes turn over, more and more young, diverse families are moving into the community. This gives BCC a tremendous opportunity to cultivate a thriving worship experience.
• Spiritually build and lead the Worship and Production Arts ministry teams (Ephesians 4:11-13).
• Identify, invite, mentor, and empower leaders to be a part of the Worship & Production Arts ministry teams.
• Lead worship with passion, energy, and life.
• Develop multiple worship leaders. Though not always the primary worship leader, lead worship at least two times a month, on strategic Sundays and special events.
• Plan the corporate worship service(s) in consultation with the Senior Minister.
• Direct all weekly activities and rehearsals necessary to facilitate an effective, engaging worship experience and excellence in programming.
• Coordinate all instrumentalists, vocalists and production arts team members.
• Oversee song selection and media preparation, setup and presentation including audio, video and lighting enhancements.
• Lead the Creative Planning Team.
• Participate in Lead Team meetings.
• Develop and administer an annual budget for the worship and production arts ministry in accordance with the financial policies of the church.
• Communicate with other worship ministers to gain insight and develop ways to improve the effectiveness of the BCC worship experience.
• When available, perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Minister.
• At least 2 years of proven experience building and leading worship and production arts ministry teams.
• Continue to grow and mature in Christ as a godly person of integrity. Strong sense of calling and identity in Christ. Demonstrated leadership in being able to disciple those in his sphere of influence.
• Participate in the life of the church.
• Be loyal to the mission, vision and staff of Bridgetown Church of Christ and always protect the unity of the church.
• A heart for the spiritual formation of those in the congregation, as well as the worship and production arts ministry team members.
• Relational skills and an enthusiastic presence for leading worship.
• Proficiency in leading worship with a strong vocal ability. Capability of leading with a guitar and/or keyboard is a plus, but not required.
• Skilled in vocal and instrumental direction.
• Skilled in the use of technology in worship including audio, video, and lighting.
• Ability to incorporate other art forms as needed.
• Skilled in organization, administration, and interpersonal relationships.
• A self-starter.
• A multi-tasking team player with a positive attitude, high energy and strong interpersonal skills.
All interested and qualified candidates must complete and submit an employment application, cover letter and resume to the below mailing (or email) address. Supportive media (video, social media, etc.) is a plus.
Bridgetown Church of Christ
attn: Nathan Hardesty, Senior Minister
3854 Race Road
Cincinnati, OH 45211