Church Name: Oakwood Christian Church
Location: Oakwood Illinois
Oakwood Christian Church is seeking a pastor (FT/PT/interim) to further God’s kingdom both locally & globally.
The pastor is the spiritual leader of the church. Preaching and teaching the Word
of God is the highest priority. Winning people to Jesus Christ is the first objective of the pastor. The pastor shall be responsible for leading the congregation to spiritual growth and to develop spiritual maturity in their lives.
– To study, prayerfully prepare, and present the gospel message to the congregation as found in the Word of God.
– Plan and conduct all worship service, in cooperation with the Education and
– To perform other pastoral responsibilities such as calling on prospective new members, counseling of members, visitation of the ill, visitation of bereaved, etc.
– All other scriptural pastoral duties such as performing weddings ceremonies, conducting funeral services, etc.
– Report to the church board at each regular meeting, as per pastoral activities since last board meeting.
– Meet with the elders of the congregation on a regular basis, to plan and discuss the spiritual life of the church.
– The pastor will be expected to demonstrate interest in their own spiritual and professional growth, by attending seminars, conventions, conferences, and other appropriate activities.
Our church does have a parsonage.
A bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required. 3 to 5 years experience is recommended. A pastor with a growing Christian faith and character. Must have a commitment to the mission and values of the church, along with the understanding of and willingness to serve and maintain the doctrinal commitments of the church.
Joyce Stonebraker / John Payne