Church Name: Dover Chapel GBC
Location: Louisville, KY
General Purpose: The pastor’s purpose will be to work to fulfill our mission statement through intentional relationship building within our congregation and in our community. Furthermore, his purpose is to serve the church by (1) providing a balanced ministry of preaching, teaching, pastoral care (2) and organizational and visionary leadership to the congregation, (3) and to help equip the church to grow to its full potential in membership and spiritual vitality.”
1. Work with the board of deacons to help oversee and help Provide administrative leadership for the total church program.
2. Work with the board of deacons to help supervise other members of the church staff and committees of the church. Be available for and lead in training as needed.
3. Maintain a regular program of study to enable himself to plan and write meaningful, applicable sermons and conduct meaningful worship services.
4. Prepare for and conduct worship services; lead in the observance of the ordinances such as communion and baptisms.
5. Spiritually counsel individuals and families. Conduct premarital and family counseling including bereavement, others, as needed
6. Be the first on call for emergency and crisis hospital visits.
7. Share in the responsibilities with the deacons and members of the church of routine hospital visits.
8. Perform wedding ceremonies and conduct funeral services.
9. Plan and promote periods of evangelistic emphasis for the unsaved and renewal for the Christians.
• Develop and oversee Sunday morning service programming
• Develop additional musicians and tech team members
• Assemble and schedule worship and tech teams at each campus
• Schedule rehearsals for worship and tech teams as appropriate
• Participate in Creative Planning Team and the implantation of creative elements into services
• Oversee church-wide special events that require production (i.e. Thanksgiving Service, Maundy Thursday Service, etc.)
• Lead worship regularly
• Meet with the entire church staff monthly
• Communicate regularly with the Lead Pastor for Service Programming
• Other duties as requested by the Lead Pastor
1. Be a committed Christian, speaking freely about a personal relationship with the Lord. He must be committed to continual personal spiritual growth.
2. Must be able to explain and testify to his Salvation through Christ Jesus and believe and interpret the doctrines of the General Baptist Church.
3. Experience pastoring is preferred.
4. Must exhibit the personal behavior found in I Timothy 3:1-7 and I Peter 5:1-4
5. Must be an excellent communicator, including in one on one relationships, and through teaching and preaching.
6. Must have excellent skills in listening, counseling and negotiating.
7. Be gifted in building relationships and fostering the building of relationships among others.
8. Demonstrate a personal lifestyle which serves as a model for the congregation by balancing commitments to church, self and family.
9. Must have a gracious sense of humor.
10. Should have the gift of administration.