Church Name: McDonough Christian Church
Location: McDonough, GA
McDonough Christian Church exists to develop devoted followers of Jesus who love, imitate and duplicate him in their surrendered lives. We are a disciple making, community and mission oriented church in McDonough, Georgia.
The Senior Minister is responsible for providing vision and overall direction and administration of all church ministries, operations, programs and services; for providing biblical leadership and nourishment for the church; and for using his spiritual gifts and skills in the proclamation of the Gospel and pastoral care in meeting the needs of persons in the church and community.
Must be proficient in preaching and teaching and exhibit the spiritual gifts of teaching, pastoral care, exhortation, and evangelism. Candidates must also be highly organized, self-motivated, require minimal supervision, have demonstrated leadership skills and excellent interpersonal skills.
Must have at a minimum a Bachelors of Science degree in Bible Studies from an accredited college/university with an emphasis in preaching and teaching or equivalent experience.
SUPERVISORY CONTROLS |
Works directly under the general supervision of the Board of Elders in matters pertaining to McDonough Christian Church. Oversees all ministries and is an ex-officio member of all committees and ministry teams.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES |
1. Serve as the staff liaison to the Board of Elders.
2. Function as the chief administrator for the church. This includes preparing the annual budget for review and approval by the Elders and congregation.
3. Proclaim the Gospel to church members and to the lost of the world.
4. Support McDonough Christian Church local and global ministry partners.
5. Develop and monitor a plan to develop fully devoted followers of Jesus who love, imitate and duplicate Him in their surrendered lives.
6. Create a worship environment that glorifies God and is attractive to disciple makers and the unchurched who are seeking God. This includes preaching at the majority of services and developing associate ministers who can also preach and teach.
7. Hire Associate Pastors as needed in coordination with the Elders. Directly hire all other support staff. Provide leadership and direction to church staff.
8. Provide pastoral care to the church body including funeral services and wedding ceremonies, as able, sharing and delegating to others on the staff responsibilities in this area.
9. Perform, coach and equip church members to perform baptisms, communion and other ministry functions.
10. Participate in disciple making by example by promoting and participating in relational community.
BASIC PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITIES |
1. Maintain a vital and growing personal walk with the Lord through committed Bible study, prayer and meditation.
2. Maintain proper priorities in your home and be the spiritual leader if married.
3. Develop personal evangelism opportunities within and outside the church.
4. Financially support the ministries of McDonough Christian Church by faithfully giving a portion of your income to the church and its ministries.
Send resumes or inquiries to [email protected]
• GPA 3.0>
• Must be in Senior Year
• BS in Biblical Studies