Church Name: Olive Christian Church
Location: Paragon, In
Olive Christian Church is a 160-year-old country church presently seeking a part-time Senior Minister. The Senior Minister has primary responsibility for preaching and teaching the Word of God and to provide leadership, shepherding in partnership with the Elders, Ministry Teams and Congregation. Senior Minister responsibilities include but are not limited to preaching weekly, leading adult Sunday School, being involved in outreach activities, providing pastoral care, mentoring as needed, and participating in special services and events, such as VBS and Maunday Thursday services.
The minister will be fulfilling both pastoral and preaching roles in our small rural community congregation. Our new pastor’s top priority will be to seek God before all and through all activities of our church.
Authority: He is directly accountable to the eldership of Olive Christian Church concerning matters of doctrine as well as ethical and moral conduct of himself and members of his family. He will be the ministry leader and pastor of the congregation.
The general duties include:
1. Preaching and adequate preparation for the morning worship service
2. Teaching the adult Sunday school class each Sunday
3. Performing services such as visiting the sick, hospital visitation (most hospital visits are an hour or more away), weddings, funerals, and counseling within the guidelines established between himself and the elder board.
5. Perspective member visitations
6. Administrative planning with the elders and church board
7 Ability to relate well to people of all ages as evidenced through a true interest
in the lives of members of the congregation and people in the community.
8. Committed to strong family values and community involvement.