Church Name: Miamitown Church of Christ
Location: Miamitown, OH
We are seeking an additional staff member to help us facilitate the rebuilding of our Student Ministries and to help strengthen our existing Children’s Ministry. Our priority is to find the person that God is calling to Miamitown Church of Christ, so we are willing to build around an individual’s strengths and passions.
About 3 years ago our church embarked on a redefining journey to “renew our focus” as a church. So far in this endeavor we have generated a new Mission Statement, developed new Core Values, and defined target areas of ministry and growth. Through the course of “Renewing the Focus” our whole church has been involved, unified, strengthened, and energized. This has brought an atmosphere of enthusiasm, increased faith, and optimistic hope that has been exciting to experience together.
In this process we have identified a number of staffing “needs and desires” that we would like to fill in the next few years. We believe the greatest of these needs are in the areas of Student and Children’s Ministry, however, some of the alternate “needs and desires” can be swapped out to build a position for the right person.
This is a full-time salaried position with benefits.
Non-negotiables for us:
– Must be in an authentic and transparent relationship with God through Jesus Christ
– Must be in love with Jesus with a commitment and passion for His mission and His Church
– Must prioritize in this order: Jesus, Family, and then Miamitown Church of Christ
– Must review and be able to support and promote our Mission Statement and Core Values (found on our website)
What you can expect from us:
– Backing, teamwork, and assistance from our Leadership and existing staff
– Support and encouragement from our church body
What we are looking for in a staff member:
– To view this as a ministry and a calling, not just a job
– To have a solid understanding of scripture with a Restoration Movement background preferred
– Our church is friendly, real, and genuine; as we bring in additional staff to our church we are looking for these qualities as well
What we would expect of you:
– To lead out in creating, shaping, imagining, and building our new Student Ministry
– To work with our current volunteer team to continue, strengthen, and improve our current Children’s Ministry
Some specifics of what we are looking for:
– A passion for leading and developing disciples of Christ of all ages
– Have a heart for the youth and their parents, connecting with them in a relational style ministry
– Find joy in encouraging, valuing, leading, and empowering the volunteer teams of the Student and Children’s ministries
– A degree (or working toward a degree) at a Restoration College
Some of the alternate staffing “needs and desires” that we have identified could be swapped out with some from the bulleted list above as we build a position to fit the right person:
– Skills in publicity
– Improving and increasing our online presence
– Leading worship
– Graphic art
– Video and media production
– Outreach and community involvement
– Small groups ministry.
Email your resume and a letter of interest to Dusty Delafield – [email protected] – In your letter of interest be sure to include something about what drives you in ministry, what makes your soul’s heart beat, some of your core strategies / philosophies of ministry, and a little something that lets us get to know the person behind the keyboard.