Church Name: Athens Christian Church
Location: Athens, IL
Full or Part-Time Worship Minister
Please submit a resume, a short video about yourself, and indicate if you are interested in full or part-time position to [email protected]
If you would like to request a full list of ministry expectations please request from [email protected]
Accountable to Senior/Associate Minister and Elders
Purpose: To serve the church by assisting the Senior Pastor in providing spiritual leadership, pastoral care and organizational direction through a broad program of worship and music to the congregation.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
– Support the Senior Pastor in the overall vision casting and leadership of the church’s worship and weekend service planning, design and execution.
– Provide supervision and direction to worship leaders, volunteers and special music. Provide training and oversight to the sound booth.
Upkeep & maintenance of church owned equipment for worship ministries – instruments, computers, microphones, cabling and in-ear monitors.
– Develop an annual budget for responsible areas and operate within the constraints of that budget.
– Weekly maintenance of presentation software playlists for all worship experiences. Includes oversight of sermon, announcement and lyrics slides. (Experience or willingness to learn Pro-Presenter)
– Weekly maintenance of foyer screens.
– Provide Order of Service to office staff by deadline.
– Oversee volunteer recruitment of members to enhance worship experience (Greeters, Communion Meditation Leaders, Servers, Communion Prep).
– Create and use appropriate media in worship.
– Report monthly to the church’s leadership about what is going on within the ministry.
– Cooperate with the Senior Pastor and Elders by performing any other duties when asked to do so.
– Maintain God ordained priorities in your life by putting Jesus Christ first, your spouse second, your children third and the ministry fourth.
– Be loyal to the vision and staff and always protect the unity of the church.
– Invest and invite the lost to know Jesus.
– Respect the roles and positions of those on staff and portray a positive unity.
– Keep confidential matters confidential.
Worship Ministry Experience; Bible College Training desired