Church Name: Compassion Christian Church
To further the mission of the Church by effectively providing leadership and discipleship for the worship ministry of the Campus, and assisting the Campus Pastor in day-to-day operations and volunteer involvement.
1. Exhibits a meaningful and growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
2. Engages in a regular and ongoing (meeting at l monthly) accountability relationship with a staff partner or other approved person.
3. Recognizes that our work is important and deserves our very best.
Conditions of Employment
1. Models the Biblical standard of personal conduct and lifestyle.
2. Supports and adheres to the Mission, Vision, Values, and Philosophy of Ministry of CCC, including the CCC Statement of Faith.
3. Supports and adheres to the CCC Policies and Procedures Handbook.
4. Pastoral Staff must be active, participating members of Compassion Christian Church or be willing to become a member at the beginning of employment.
Duties and Responsibilities (Essentials)
1. General staff responsibilities:
– Engage in pastoral responsibilities, as assigned, to include teaching, preaching, performing weddings and funerals, pastoral counseling, assisting in worship services, communion, baptisms, child dedications and hospital visits.
– Lead, cast vision, oversee, and direct all facets of the Worship Arts Department of the Campus.
– Assist in establishing ministry goals and objectives, and individual tactics that support the mission and vision of the Church.
– Provide visionary leadership and organizational structure for the Worship Arts Department of the Campus
– Recruit, train, schedule, equip and supervise volunteers for ministry.
– Train, schedule, equip and evaluate staff of the Worship Arts Department at the Campus and other Campus duties assigned
– Organizes the Campus’ greatest resource for mission: people. Focuses on the entire flock, aligning people with priorities. Helps the Campus Pastor manage the time and energies of the staff shepherding people as they find their place on mission with Jesus.
– The associate pastor stewards the Worship Arts Budget of the Campus and any other responsibilities assigned with integrity and security. Coordinates with CCC Financial office and Executive office to maintain financial efficiency and effectiveness.
– Assist the Campus Pastor in directing the use and care of the campus’ facilities so that people are loved and Jesus is worshiped. He is a problem-solver who brings solutions to the other leaders from a biblical perspective.
– Participation in weekly “Pastor’s Lunch” and monthly “All-Staff Meetings”, as well as called departmental meetings, and other required staff events.
2. Specific ministry duties and responsibilities:
– Lead the Worship Arts Department of the Campus
o Developing teams, worship services, and venues.
o In constant Collaboration with Henderson Worship Arts and other campuses
– Continue collaborating with the Worship Programming Director for Major Events (NLLC, Praise Services, Journey, etc…) as time permits.
– Develop the Volunteer Culture of the Campus
o Connections (greeters, ushers, communion prep, source, hospitality, etc…)
o Worship Arts Department (vocalist, musicians, production, worship choir, major events)
– Assist the Campus Pastor in overall evaluation of campus facilities and long range planning.
– Serves the Campus Pastor in such a way that humbly complements the Campus Pastor’s weaknesses and allows him to work within his strengths.
3. This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive statement of every duty and responsibility that will be required of an employee in this position. Therefore, additional duties may be assigned.