Church Name: Edgewood Christian Church
Location: Roanoke, VA
Minister to 6th – 12th graders
Youth Minister – Edgewood Christian Church
The mission of this ministry is to serve God by leading and developing youth in the 6th through 12th grades. This involves increasing their biblical knowledge and helping them to grow in their relationships to God and the church by ministering to them and their family. The Youth Minister will be accountable to the Lead Minister and the Elders of Edgewood Christian Church.
Some attributes considered necessary for the applicant
• Age 20 – 29
• College graduate from a school associated with the Restoration Movement (such as Johnson U, Kentucky Christian U, Mid-Atlantic Christian U., Cincinnati Christian U, etc.)
• Agreement with our “What We Believe” statements (found on the Edgewood Christian Church website under “I’m New Here”).
• At least 1 year of experience as a Youth Minister
• Willing to stay a minimum of 1 yr.
• Married (preferred)
Following are not necessary, but would be a big plus:
• Ability to lead the praise band and/or be the worship leader
• Ability to maintain our church website
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Establish ministry goals and objectives related to the vision, mission, and values of the church. Share these with the Lead Minister, Elders, and Church Board for approval and/or suggestions.
• Submit an appropriate ministry budget (annually) for approval. Then delegate tasks as necessary to teachers and parents which you have recruited to help in your ministry. Regularly evaluate progress of both your goals and your budget.
• Develop your ministry through teaching, not just “fun” events. We want to our youth to commit to following Jesus and to grow spiritually while they are attending Edgewood.
• Visit with the students and their families. Plan youth/family events including trips and conventions.
• Plug into the local youth ministry “network” in planning area events.
• Promote the Blue Ridge Christian Camp and serve for one of the weeks of camp.
• Work with the Lead Minister and Family Minister concerning teaching and preaching.
• Cooperate with Lead Minister and Elders by performing other ministries within your skill set as needed.
This list is not meant to be a formal Job Description, but to convey what we are looking for in a Youth Minister.
If you wish to apply for this position, please send your cover letter and resume to [email protected] If you have questions, email to the same.