Church Name: Scottdale Church of Christ
Location: Scottdale, PA
SCOC is seeking a full-time Youth Minister who will design effective programs, activities and experiences for Children and Youth to promote fun, fellowship, spiritual development and ministry opportunities and involvement. The Youth Minister will model Jesus’ love in reaching out to the kids and families in our community and help all SCOC Children and Youth grow to become like Jesus.
• Capture a vision and philosophy for student ministries that will support the mission and the vision of SCOC.
• Develop, give direction to, and oversee the entire student ministry including Children, Jr. High, Sr. High, and College age.
• Provide direct leadership and involvement with the Jr. and Sr. High youth as well as the College age students.
• Develop a long-range plan for student ministries in collaboration with the senior minister.
• Involve youth in a purpose-motivated program of reaching out to the youth and families in our community to grow our Spiritual Family. Through service, events, and lifestyle – model the love of Jesus to kids and families in our community to help them become part of Jesus’ Spiritual Family here.
• Recruit, train and advise volunteers to ensure quality of programs and effective use of resources.
• Meet with leaders regularly to pray and discuss upcoming events, challenges, solutions and praises.
• Provide spiritual nurture through biblical instruction, guidance and positive role modeling.
• Provide students with events that allow for fellowship, evangelism, discipleship and worship.
• Provide counseling and spiritual direction to all Kids and youth on an individual basis.
• Maintain contact with families, keeping them informed of topics/themes being studied, special events, etc.
• Maintain an on-line and in person visitation ministry to offer encouragement and support to youth and families.
• Report to the Senior Minister for encouragement and coordination of church growth themes and programs. Work closely with all other members of the church staff, effectively uniting with and complementing other ministries.
• Participate in leadership team meetings and prayer meetings.
Please send an electronic cover letter and resume to the Youth Minister Search Team at:
• A deep sense of purpose to reach and transform the lives of kids, youth, and families with the amazing love of Jesus
• Personable and fun, backed by a solid relationship with God through Jesus
• A graduate of a Christian Church Bible College/University with a degree related to youth ministry
• Rooted in the truth of God through the Bible and driven by the inclusive, transformational love of Jesus
• A self-starter with a desire to grow God’s spiritual family and God’s kids
• Experience a plus