Senior Minister – Kouts, IN
Church Name: Kouts Christian Church
Location: Kouts, IN
Kouts Christian Church (KCC) is a church family that seeks to LOVE GOD, LOVE OTHERS and SERVE THE WORLD for Jesus Christ.
Our desire is:
To LOVE GOD in such a way that everyone develops a deeper relationship with Him; a love for His word; and a love for prayer so that obedience and service are the norm. When we come together to worship, our love for God is expressed with such passion and creativity that those who don’t know God will want to.
To LOVE OTHERS so that we connect as Christ’s community of believers. We explore opportunities to fellowship together. We also seek ways to involve others outside our church community in our fellowship.
To express love in action by SERVING THE WORLD. We desire to serve others beyond our church community. We serve others through individual, close relationships. We also desire to serve the community as a church so that everyone can know that God loves them. We desire to make it a priority to REACH PEOPLE for God through the good works that we do in His Name. We encourage everyone to share their faith in creative ways to show the world their real need for Jesus. Everyone at KCC is responsible to reach others for Christ.
Accountable to: Board of Elders
The Senior Minister has primary responsibility for preaching and teaching the Word of God and to provide leadership and vision to the Body in partnership with the Elders, Staff, Ministry Teams and Congregation.
The minister must be a member of a church affiliated with the Restoration Movement (RM), independent Christian Churches / Churches of Christ (nondenominational). The minister must believe, without reservation:
- In the full and final inspiration of the Bible, to the extent that it is to him the infallible Word of God, and therefore the all-sufficient rule of faith and life,
- In the deity and supreme authority of Christ,
- In obedience to the Gospel,
- In the edification of the Church and the restoration of its unity on the New Testament basis,
- In a positive program of evangelism of the New Testament precepts, principles, and precedents.
Additionally, the minister will possess the following characteristics, qualifications, and/or credentials:
- Passionately embodies God’s word and lives out the gospel in his daily life.
- As a baptized (immersed) believer, fully understands and supports the scripture- based doctrines of the Restoration Movement.
- Consistent spiritual moral character and lifestyle.
- Competent in organization, administration and interpersonal relationships
- Potential and desire to remain in a long-term (5 year minimum) ministry at KCC
- Strong in biblical preaching with applications to everyday life.
- Computer proficient, able to relate to and participate in social media in a manner that promotes, engages, and encourages the Congregation and others receiving the message.
- Ordained in a Christian Church; Bachelor’s degree or higher from a Restoration Movement College, University or Seminary in a relevant field of ministry.
- An unwavering love for Jesus Christ which in turn produces unconditional love for His people.
- A minimum of 5 years of full-time ministry experience that includes management of church programs and functions. Proven leadership in outreach to college students and young adults is a plus.
- A high degree of self-discipline and self-motivation.
- Possess team building and mentoring skills that will promote and enhance volunteers and paid staff efforts.
- Communications skills, both written and oral, grounded in the Holy Bible that produce attention, clarity, and motivation.
- A humble, “can-do” attitude.
- Consistently delivers easily understood, Bible-based sermons that are engaging, relevant and challenges those who hear to seek or deepen their relationship with Jesus.
- Provide a focus on spiritual growth, discipleship, and Christian community.
- Exercise well-developed communication, including strong listening skills in order to clearly articulate the vision, mission, and strategies that will spiritually grow the church.
- Prepare preaching/worship schedules in advance, coordinates and plans with worship leader and worship ministry team to ensure that worship services are effective regarding content, style, structure and design.
- Set aside specific time for study and preparation of the sermon weekly.
- Create regular opportunities for people to respond to the message of Christ through evangelistic/discipleship messages
B. Leadership & Leadership Development
- Leads the Congregation by example and by teaching.
- In partnership with the Elders, Staff, and Ministry Teams, is able to implement the vision and mission of the church.
- Provides oversight to staff members that allow them flexibility to accomplish their responsibilities, focusing on overall goals.
- In partnership with the Elders, adjusts to societal changes without compromising Christian doctrine.
- Work with Elders to maintain a compelling vision and acts as key implementation champion for the strategic plan.
- Meet regularly with Elders to facilitate the work of the church.
- Hold regularly scheduled Staff meetings and provides direction, support and encouragement to staff members.
- Actively encourages congregational commitment and volunteerism in support of our mission and vision.
- Show respect for and adheres to the decisions of the Body of Elders and follows by-laws and policy manual of the church.
C. Outreach/Community Engagement
- Promote evangelism by inspiring, equipping, and motivating the congregation to share the gospel with all in our community and others within our reach.
- Seek to reach the unchurched in the community using innovative methods, through outreach and ministry activities.
- Engage and work with other ministries and organizations to serve the community.
- Spend intentional time in the community.
- Equip and mobilize the congregation in the role of evangelism and in the development of strategic outreach ministries and initiatives.
D. Congregation Relations/Pastoral Care
- Provide pastoral support and care of the congregation in partnership with the Elders.
- Pray for, serve, and provide spiritual leadership to the congregation, staff and community.
- Along with baptized (immersed) members of his immediate family, the minister will be expected to place membership with Kouts Christian Church.
- Care for the spiritual and physical life of the congregation through supportive listening, conflict management, and referral to other professionals.
- Carry out hospital visitation and ministry to shut-ins in partnership with the Elders.
- Conduct baptisms, premarital counseling, weddings, and funerals.
E. Professional Development & Personal Growth
- Continue to grow spiritually and is a lifelong learner.
- Actively seek honest feedback and constructive criticism on a regular basis from the Elders, congregation, and others.
- Devote time to spiritual, mental, physical well-being through personal disciplines.
- Attend courses, workshops, and conferences, as appropriate.
- Attend a small group as a participant and/or lead a small group.
- Participate in self-evaluation, in addition to Elder evaluations.
- Develop an annual plan in partnership with Elders.
- Work within the administrative budget and maintain fiscal responsibility with the church resources.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary is commensurate with education and experience.
Requests for the applicant packet must be emailed to: [email protected].
Applicant packets (completed) must be emailed to [email protected] by midnight, February 10, 2019.
Anyone applying for this position will be granting permission for background checks (educational, references, financial (credit), criminal). These checks will only be done if the applicant is chosen as one of the candidates for the position.
Download: Senior Minister Job Description – Kouts Christian Church