Church Name: TalentEi
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
The Northeast Ohio Council on Higher Education (NOCHE) is seeking a Special Events and Communications Intern to support and promote the activities related to event planning and execution for the organization and its event partners. Through this internship experience, you will be exposed to excellent networking opportunities with various higher education, industry, and economic development organizations, and gain an understanding of the day-to-day operations in a nonprofit environment. Assignments and tasks will include the following:
Event Planning & Execution:
· Assist with projects related to marketing, event development and sponsorship development/management.
· Assist with online registration and pre-qualification process for students and employers.
· Attend planning meetings as needed.
· Work with NOCHE staff and event partners to move tasks forward.
· Assist with preparation of event day materials and handouts.
· Draft content and copy for social media platforms, email campaigns, website, NOCHE publications, etc.
· With approved content/copy, conduct social media, email and other outreach/promotion of NOCHE events and programs as assigned.
· Assist with event attendee information gathering (vendors, sponsors, luncheon guest seating, etc.).
· Assist with event day set-up, guest sign-in, program flow, logistics and wrap-up.
Other Potential Projects & Assignments:
· Monitor and report on activities and trends in the NEO Talent Exchange internship and job matching platform and make recommendations based on findings.
· Assist with web page content and design curation and development.
· Assist in the development and writing of articles and content for NOCHE’s online internship courses.
· Edit and proof a variety of documents, articles and newsletters for online and print publication.
· Assist with preparation of materials for presentations, meetings, career fairs, campus visits, and other events.
· Other duties/projects/tasks depending upon the interests and qualifications of the candidate.
Salary & Schedule:
Intern will be paid at the rate of $15 per hours; 10 hours per week for 12 weeks (ideally candidate will start September 4, 2019).
Job Order Number: 14341298
Opportunity Type: Internship
Position Location: Cleveland, OH
Opportunity Start Date 09/04/2019
Opportunity End Date 11/22/2019
Average Hours Per Week 10
Compensation Hourly | $15.00
· Strong interest in event planning/marketing (prior internship or other experience helpful).
· Experience with Constant Contact or other email scheduler tool.
· Proficient with social media platforms (Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, others).
· Currently enrolled student at a 2 year or 4 year institution of higher education (2019 grads may be considered).
· Proficient with MS Office programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
· Experience with WordPress is strongly desired (but NOT required).
· Experience with content management systems a plus.
· Superior written and verbal communication skills.
· Creative and detail oriented; some basic graphic design skills and experience with HTML a plus.
· Ability to communicate well with all levels of organizations (internal and external).
· Ability to follow instructions and work at a fast pace on multiple simultaneous projects and meet deadlines.
· Local Northeast Ohio travel may be required (reimbursed according to NOCHE’s expense policy).