Church Name:Gateway Christian Church
Location: Mount Sterling, KY
We’re looking for a person who loves the Lord and has a heart to lead others to the Lord in both corporate and personal settings. This person must have a passion for leading worship and using technology to expand the ministry of the church moving into the future. This role will require a firm understanding of our church’s mission/core values and a desire to work with all staff and leadership as we strive toward Kingdom growth.
• Work closely with the Senior Minister to aid in accomplishing the Church’s mission and to ensure the corporate worship experience is as effective and engaging as possible.
• Oversee video production team in obtaining high quality video and recruiting new volunteers.
• Planning, facilitating, and implementing weekly worship gatherings as well as provide direction and leadership in the area of worship and technology.
• Perform/assist with post production editing of weekly worship service video for online presentation.
• Assist with basic website updates.
• Create promotional and bumper videos for message series and special events as needed.
• Optimize live sound and production by making necessary transitions from outdated equipment to modern technology utilized by most mid to large-scale churches.
• Work with current and new sound/computer/lighting/video technicians to ensure understanding of new equipment.
• Assist in creating stage and house light designs to enhance visual production.
• Assist in arranging, recording, and implementing backing tracks and in-ear monitor systems for worship band.
• Create and organize schedules, teams and systems to maximize efficiency and effectiveness.
• Recruit, develop, and deploy volunteers for support in technological functions of the church.
• Prefer a bachelor’s degree from Restoration Movement affiliated University/College.
• Strong vocal abilities required – instrumental/musical knowledge preferred with a willingness to continue to grow in these areas.
• Understanding of modern sound/computer/lighting/video technologies and a willingness to continue to grow in these areas.
• Excellent communicator (both written and verbal) and creative thinker with the ability to use data to inform strategy.
• Have a forward thinking mindset that consistently incorporates innovation within a communication strategy.
• A detail-oriented personality.
• Participation in all staff meetings and retreats.
• A growing Christian faith and character.
• A commitment to the mission and values of the church.
• Understanding of and willingness to serve within the doctrinal commitments of the church.
NOTE: While this position begins an Associate Worship Ministry position, we intend for this to quickly transition into the primary Worship Ministry position. The time-frame for this transition will be contingent upon the candidate’s prior experience and level of growth moving forward.