Church Name: Odon Christian Church
Youth Minister/Daycare Director
This is a full-time position, and the responsibilities for the candidate are age nursery through 12th grade. The person will assemble volunteers and parents as disciple makers to work with the whole ministerial team to develop a way for kids to grow spiritually. We are looking for someone to lead our youth program on Sundays and throughout the week.
Coordinate TREKS on Wednesday nights and JAM on Sunday mornings
Lead QUEST on Sunday nights
Help Plan and Promote VBS
Encourage Summer Camps and Work Accordingly With Our Local Camp
Plan Extracurricular Activities……1 per month
Be the Central Face of OCC’s youth program
Work with the OCC staff as a unit to accomplish these goals
We are looking for someone who is energetic and has a passion for seeing people begin a relationship with Christ and isn’t afraid to be seen.
1. Provide a positive face to the daycare to students, parents, and public.
2. Display the temperament to sit and listen to issues and not jump to conclusions.
3. Be a visible source in the daycare.
4. Be a problem solver and create and atmosphere of positive working relationships.
5. Oversee the billing and collection of funds for daycare use.
6. Make sure the shopping is completed in time for use in the daycare. (foods, arts, crafts)
7. Work with the daycare and preschool staff to coordinate the activities so there is a relationship between the daycare and preschool.
8. Maintain scheduling for staff and students in both the daycare and preschool on a weekly basis.
9. Complete the necessary paperwork for the State of Indiana.
10. Have a working knowledge of all recommendations of the State of Indiana.
11. Assist in and make sure all positions are full.
12. Develop the registration process and advertise the day and time of registration.
13. Attend training class in Indianapolis for daycares.
14. Oversee the development of a preschool curriculum that enhances the child’s learning.
15. Have a working knowledge of the Indiana Academic Standards and requirements of children entering kindergarten and North Daviess.
16. Ensure all necessary documents are available for staff/parents including, but not limited to, incident reporting forms, medication authorization forms, and staff time sheets.
17. Maintain all certifications for daycare and preschool.
18. Make sure all the staff members have required state certifications re; safe sleep, cpr, universal precautions.