Position Title: Admissions Data Support Specialist
DEPARTMENT: CCU Admissions , Part-Time 60 Days – Full Time After January 1st 2020
FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt
Date Created: 9/25/2019
SUMMARY: The Admissions Data Support Specialist is responsible for the collection and processing of admissions data for the admissions departments of Cincinnati Christian University. The processing function includes data entry, data quality, and admissions support. This position is responsible to follow all data entry standards, with accuracy and efficiency as well as retrieval of processed data in report form. This position reports to the Director of Admissions and works closely with the Registrar. Applicants must be highly organized and apply significant attention to detail to their work.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Process incoming applications and components, including transcripts, standardized test scores, fees and other required documents for the admission process.
- Maintain stewardship over student records for the Admissions Department including but not limited to applications, transcripts, standardized test scores and other student information.
- Consults with Admissions Department and the Enrollment Management team to define the application and enrollment processes; and provides information on data needs and reports to support these processes.
- Produce correspondence for incoming students for the Admissions Department.
- Produce reports, primarily with Jenzabar student information system, using Infomaker.
- Coordinates and works with Registrar’s office to provide timely transfer of candidate data to the Registration Module.
- Initiates the process for new students to receive MyCCU and email accounts set-up.
- Operate as Jenzabar EX trainer for the admissions module.
- Oversee and manage CCU admissions data student workers.
- Occasional night and weekend responsibilities may occur.
- Participates in the Academic and Admissions Standards Committee
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, time management skills required with ability to multi-task and willingness to learn new procedures.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to demonstrate an active faith in Christ.
- Knowledge and understanding of CCU’s mission regarding Christian higher education.
- Associates Degree with one – three years of related experience.
- Admissions experience preferred with knowledge of university admissions process desirable.
- Knowledge of Jenzabar (EX and JICS, CCU’s ERP system) preferred, but can be trained.
- Working knowledge of Infomaker and Sequel (SQL) preferred.
- Strong computer skills with database entry experience essential.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software, Google Suites, and Excel spreadsheet skills essential (mail merger helpful).
- Attention to detail and accuracy, and efficiency when entering data.
- Analytical skills for reporting data.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of student information.
- Ability to work effectively with students, faculty, and staff members in a professional office setting.
- Standard office work environment.
- Position is sedentary but may require assisting with events.