POSITION TITLE: Enrollment Services Specialist
DEPARTMENT: Enrollment Services
DATE MODIFIED: 09/11/2019
SUMMARY: The Enrollment Services Specialist provides front-line customer service for one-stop services provided to students, visitors, faculty and staff. Responsible for having a working knowledge of policies and procedures in the areas of student accounts, financial aid and registration. The Enrollment Services Specialist reports to the Registrar.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in the collection of student accounts by communicating information about student account charges and payment options to students, parents and other interested parties.
- Counsel students regarding financial aid application procedures and eligibility for federal, state, institutional, and outside funds.
- Responsible for cashier functions, including receiving payments and cash handling.
- Assist students with registration processes, including adding/dropping classes, requests for transcripts, loan deferrals, and address changes, and graduation applications.
- Assist in the collection of current and non-current student accounts by contacting students and maintaining records of payment arrangements, placing blocks on accounts and working with collection agencies.
- Ensure that all activities are conducted within the established guidelines of the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
- Maintain the security of all cash, as well as information to which position has access.
- Receipt incoming funds on the campus computer system
- Prepare daily bank deposits, including electronic scanning of checks
- Produce various cash reports and reconciliations
- Order office and bank supplies as needed
- Assist in the training of student workers and new employees
- Perform standard office procedures including processing mail, answering phones, simple correspondence and maintenance of office files
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Moderate noise level.
- Work is performed in a typical office setting. Very busy at times, especially at the beginning of semesters.
- Some evening and weekend hours are required
- Knowledge of the mission of CCU and agreement with her philosophy of education and purpose
- Prefer 2-3 years of related experience, including cash handling
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated positive customer service skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of Microsoft Excel and various types of computer software.
- Aptitude for mathematics with knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping principles
- Flexible, reliable, assertive and show initiative
- Ability to provide customer service in a positive, patient and friendly manner, utilizing good interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately with diverse populations, including students, parents and other CCU employees
- Ability to work with team members to evaluate situations and suggest creative solutions to problems
- Ability to perform detailed tasks with frequent interruptions
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information