Admissions – Dual Enrollment Recruiter
Department: CCU Admissions
Date Modified: 1/10/2019
Position Summary: The Admissions Recruiter is responsible for assisting prospective students through the admission and registration process to aid them with the start of their college career at CCU. This role will have a specific emphasis in expanding CCU dual-enrollment partnerships with area secondary schools. The Admissions Recruiter reports to the Director of CCU Admissions.
Essential Functions: – To be a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintaining a courteous Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside Cincinnati Christian University and adhering to the standard of moral conduct & Statement of Faith and upholding CCU’s ministry in prayer
- To be a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintaining a courteous Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside Cincinnati Christian University and adhering to the standard of moral conduct & statement of faith and upholding CCU’s ministry in prayer
- Recruit new students across all CCU schools by consistent marketing and sales efforts
- Counsel and assist students and parents as they proceed through the admissions process through personal visits, e-mail, and phone communication
- Actively pursue meetings with public school, private school, and home school co-op administrators with a view to expand CCU’s dual credit network.
- Participate in parent/student information meetings and other orientation events in CCU’s partner secondary schools.
- Participate in the development of marketing pieces associated with the dual credit program, including digital and print materials as well as the maintenance of CCU webpages dedicated to the dual credit program.
- Recommend students for acceptance to the Director of Undergraduate Admissions based on the completion of the enrollment process
- Create and sustain successful partnerships with churches and their staff members, high school counselors, CCU alumni, and parachurch organizations within the assigned territory
- Plan and execute travel based upon territories, churches and prospective students approved by the Director of CCU Admissions
- Complete any data entry and mailings assigned
- Assist in the planning and executing of all Admissions events
- Promote the mission and image of CCU
- Coordinates university participation of staff and alumni for national and local college recruitment fairs
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Must be able to sit, stand, walk and climb stairs
- Noise level is moderate
- Frequent travel is required
- Office is very busy during peak recruiting cycle
Education, Experience, and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Ability to demonstrate an active faith in Jesus Christ
- Administrative experience within both a high school and collegiate setting preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of, and agreement with, CCU’s mission and philosophy of Christian education
- Previous sales experience preferred
- Intermediate computer/data management skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends.
- Capable of working in a busy, upbeat, team-oriented environment
- Ability to use independent judgment to manage and impart confidential information
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrate ability to work productively with diverse constituencies
Admissions Recruiter Dual Enrollment Job Description