Director of Adult and Distance Learning Programs
(Administrative Faculty Position)
Departments: Academics, CALL Program, Administrative Faculty
Supervisor: Chief Academic Officer and others assigned
Assists the Chief Academic Officer (CAO) in the development and implementation of a strategic plan for adult and distance learning programs across all university divisions. Position responsibilities include budget preparation and monitoring, staff and faculty management, course review, new program development, educational technology, and assessment.
- Provide leadership in developing and implementing distance education programs across all divisions of the College.
- Develop and implement a strategic plan for online degrees, certifications and courses.
- Oversee the CALL program, including the various satellite locations and teach out process on campus.
- Administrate the Canvas Learning Management System.
- Manage course designers, LMS administrators, and other personnel so as to optimize student success.
- Provide technical support.
- Manage contract and relationship with Canvas by Instructure.
- Assist and support faculty members in developing web-based courses and degrees.
- Chair or participate in relevant institutional committees and task forces concerned with online and distance learning.
- Teach courses as assigned.
- Master’s degree in Education or closely related academic discipline.
- Minimum of three years’ experience with academic technology, instructional design and online instruction; working knowledge of HTML, web editing applications, CANVAS and other learning management systems (LMS).
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office & Google Drive.
- Familiarity with software used in the education technology field.
- Three to five years of experience teaching in higher education, including online course instruction.
- Two years experience supervising staff and faculty.
- Exceptional communication (verbal and written) and consultation skill
- Exemplary compliance with CCU’s ethical and moral standards.
- Must affirm and agree with the CCU statement of faith.
Interested applicants should complete an application for employment and send a resume and list of references to:
Human Resources Office
Cincinnati Christian University
2700 Glenway Avenue
Cincinnati, OH 45204
Download the job description: Director of Adult and Distance Learning Programs