Men’s Residence Hall Coordinator
POSITION TITLE: Residence Hall Coordinator
DEPARTMENT: Student Services
REPORTS TO: VP – Enrollment and Student Services
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
DATE MODIFIED: 2/19/2019
The Residence Hall Coordinator provides leadership, spiritual encouragement, and administrative organization in matters related to residence life. The position is an 11 month position (June 15 – May 15), and requires a live-in candidate with housing provided by the university. This position contains duties that require work hours at times outside of standard business hours. The hall coordinator reports to the VP – Enrollment and Student Services.
Essential Duties & Functions
Performance reviews of the hall coordinator are based on the fulfillment of the following tasks.
- Foster a community within the dorms that encourages the growth of students spiritually, socially, and academically.
- Establish positive relationships with students through such activities as student conduct meetings, spiritual leadership, encouragement, counseling, room visits, group devotions, and mentoring.
- Administer the annual housing budget with strict adherence to total expenditures.
- Hire and supervise an annual team of Resident Assistants, providing training and guidance as they engage daily with the residential student population.
- Coordinate all room assignments; ensure proper paperwork is completed by residents.
- Develop and manage the communication procedures used to inform students of all necessary information regarding school policies, special activities, and announcements.
- Investigate and adjudicate student conduct incidents, with strict adherence to the student conduct procedures documented in the CCU Student Handbook.
- Coordinate residence hall maintenance, repair needs, and cleaning with CCU Facilities Management.
- Coordinate evacuation and other safety procedures during emergency situations such as fire alarms, inclement weather conditions, trespassing violations, etc.
- Monitor all residence hall areas for potential damage of university property.
- Insure that strategic and missional initiatives identified by the university President are accomplished to the fullest possible extent. In every context and with all constituencies, the hall coordinator is expected to articulate full support for the university’s mission and the President’s vision.
- Respond to all communications from faculty members, department Chairs, students, and all other CCU employees and constituencies in a timely and professional matter.
- In all contexts, create and promote a healthy administrative and campus culture characterized by free and open disclosure, a spirit of Christian love and grace, and genuine respect.
- Participate on committees as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, and climb stairs
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Because of the live-in role, hall coordinators are permitted to take a maximum of 6 hours of class during each semester. Hall coordinators are permitted to take classes during fall, spring, and summer sessions. No classes may be taken during the early fall week.
- Requires day, evening and night hours.
- Noise level is moderate to high due to living in residence hall.
- When available, work space will be provided outside of the resident hall for meeting with families or those involving confidential discussion.
- Ability to demonstrate an active faith in Christ.
- Understanding of, and agreement with, the university’s mission and philosophy of Christian higher education and purpose.
- Knowledge of basic counseling skills preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in education, counseling, or a related field.
- Master’s degree in college student development, counseling, or ministry preferred.
- Ability to relate well with students and other employees.
- Ability to handle confidential information in an appropriate manner.
- Ability to lead by example.
Men’s Residence Hall Coordinator job description